Turn Off Firestick Without Turning Off the TV
This article will help you turn off Firestick without Turning Off your TV. It is applicable on different Firestick devices like Amazon Firestick 4K, and Amazon Fire TV Cube.
Your Firestick remote is a powerful tool for your Firestick. Make sure to not misplace it. It plays a key role in this process to turn off Firestick without turning off your TV. The Firestick remote has some power buttons that can make your Firestick device sleep. This means that it may still be connected to your TV but it is not active.
When we say turn off Firestick without turning off the TV, it means that putting your Firestick to sleep. Actually, your device will automatically disable itself when idle for about 20 minutes. But if you like to manually turn it off, there is a way.
Take note that Firestick does not shut down but only goes to sleep. Continue reading this article to learn how you can do this easily.
How to Turn Off Firestick Without Turning Off TV
1. Go to the home screen of FireStick. Now, select Settings in the menu bar.
2. When you are here, select and click the option My Fire TV
3. Scroll and choose the option Sleep
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Save 65% Now
Limited Time Offer
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Special Limited Time Offer – Get IPVanish
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Install Surfshark on Firestick
Get the Best Surfshark Deal
Other Ways to Turn Off Firestick
Aside from turning your Firestick to sleep, there are still other ways to turn off Firestick.
Instead of going your way to settings, then my fire tv, there is a shortcut where you can easily find the sleep button. Follow these simple steps:
- Hold press the home button of your Firestick remote until the pop-up shortcuts appear.
- You will see options like Profile, Apps, Sleep, Mirroring, and Settings.
- Move to the right until you reach Sleep
- Click on the Sleep option to turn off your device.
Take note of how your can wake up your Firestick device. To wake up your Firestick, simply press any button on your remote.
Another way how you can easily turn off your Firestick without turning off your TV is by unplugging your device from the source of power. You see, even though you make your Firestick go to sleep, the device is still running in the background of your TV. It still gets electricity, cache, data, and information. To permanently turn off Firestick without turning off the TV, you need to unplug it.
Best VPN For Firestick
You might wonder what is the importance of having a Virtual Private Network. Safety and Privacy should be the two main goals of any VPN service. A VPN should make the user’s information safe from all trackers.
There are so many trackers online and you probably have no idea about some of them. First off is your Internet Service Provider or ISP. Your ISP can see what you are doing, it pings them when you stream on different shows using any device. You might wonder why you experience buffering, it is because your ISP is throttling your connection. The next are the apps and websites you use for streaming. They collect your information. You may see cookies when visiting a website. This is the website’s way of letting you know and accepting them tracking you. The 3rd one is the device you are using. Firestick has a setting by default that can track users. Be mindful of all probable trackers on the internet.
Surfshark VPN is the best VPN for protection. It can hide your real IP and provide a new one by connecting you to a server from a different country. This can also help you bypass geo-restriction, and access geo-restricted content while making sure that you are safe and private. It has the best qualities that you can ask for when streaming. You can read them all here in our SurfShark review to know more about this amazing VPN.
Other SurfShark Features
- 3200 servers available in 100+ countries
- Best VPN for torrenting
- Destroys geo-restriction
- Dedicated IP
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Cloud Storage
- P2P friendly VPN
- SOCKS5 Proxy
- Allows Torrenting
- Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling
- DNS Leak Protection
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
For more details about this VPN, read our SurfShark review.
Grab your subscription now!
Best Surfshark Deal
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App Store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate toward the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You Own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
Install Surfshark on Firestick
Best Surfshark Deal
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here for the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
You can turn off Firestick without turning off your TV. Easily out your device to sleep using your Firestick remote. We provided the easy-to-follow steps above.
Putting your Firestick to sleep does not necessarily mean that it is already turned off. The device is still running in the background of your TV. Unplug your Firestick to permanently turn it off.
We hope that this article helped you to turn off your Firestick without Turning off your TV.